1) When and where will the Hip Hop Education Conference be held?
The conference will be held Saturday, April 6 from 9:30am-5:30pm at the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE). Any satellite events will be held in and around the Harvard University campus. The address for HGSE is Appian Way, Cambridge, MA 02138.
2) Do I have to pay for tickets to go to the Hip Hop Education conference?
The conference is FREE and open to all ages. We do request that everyone register to attend.
3) Where do I register for the conference?
Register here: harvardhiphoped2019.eventbrite.com.
4) Does HGSE provide personal accommodations (ie-- lodging, transportation, honorarium, disability services, etc.) at the conference?
Unfortunately, HGSE does not provide funding for travel or lodging.
We strive to make this gathering as inclusive as possible and will work with presenters to ensure their presentation materials are accessible to all participants.
5) What can I expect at the Hip Hop Education Conference?
This is a day-long event to celebrate all the beauty and power of Hip Hop -- the culture and the arts. Youth and adult presenters will share and engage participants through live performances, interactive workshops, and rap sessions where folks can talk about and make action steps on some of the big issues in Hip Hop and education. Oh! And of course be ready for open mic session and cyphers!
6) I have more questions, where can I go to get them answered?
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.